Despite the low turnout of Marchers, that did not stop the campaign as it saw the members of the foundation walk the town in numbers. As dated 27 November, the campaign walk/march continued as planned, it began at SEM Cares Foundation offices and went all around the business arena of Manzini and back to the starting point.
They were accompanied by the Royal Eswatini Police during the march to ensure the safety of those related. “This is a great initiative that has begun, I really hope a lot of Emaswati might adhere to this wake-up call,” narrated one of the citizens of Manzini.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this year’s #GivingTuesday will take place on November 27th and will kick off the giving season by inspiring people to collaborate and give back.
As a newly formed Foundation, we have taken a decision to join #GivingTuesday because part of our Objectives is Participation in community awareness and sensitization campaigns in such matters like health, education and HIV/AIDS etc. More of our objectives are listed below;
- To provide Foundation courses, education, and mentorship services to the youth on its career paths, in order to influence career decision making choices at an early stage.
- To provide intimate and social support services to the youth in order to draw them closer to society and create a warm environment around them.
- To provide quality service in terms of service delivery in the market, new business ideas, and equal distribution of labour according to the level of production in the market, and
- To create a flexible market, and distribution of labour in the trade industry, in order to promote sales, maintain existing customers and provide employment opportunities to the society.
- To start income generating activities geared towards empowering the youth economically
- Participation in community awareness and sensitization campaigns in such matters like health, education and HIV/AIDS etc.
- Organizing, coordinating, sponsoring and encouraging participation in local and international youth workshops so as to provide linkages with other youth counterparts in the rest of the world
- Providing forums through which the youth can air their views in matters relating to their welfare.
The Giving Tuesday initiative was Founded in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y – a community and cultural center in New York City − #GivingTuesday inspired millions of people to give back and support the causes they believe in. Over $300 million was raised online to benefit a tremendously broad range of organizations, and much more was given in volunteer hours, donations of food and clothing, and acts of kindness. “We are incredibly inspired by the way the #GivingTuesday community has embraced this concept for a worldwide movement,” said Henry Timms, founder of #GivingTuesday and Executive Director of 92Y. “As we prepare for November 27, we’re energized and encouraged by the community’s generosity. The levels of creativity, effort and the quality of the new ideas people have contributed and shared are phenomenal.” Those who are interested to join the movement can visit SEM Cares Foundation on Facebook or use the hashtag #GivingTuesdayEswatini. For more details about the #GivingTuesdayEswatini movement, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About SEM Cares Foundation
SEM Cares Foundation is a new Charity Organization formed by SEM Promotional Group, which is a tittle of people including boys and girls who are hired to provoke consumers demand for a product, service, or brand by directly interacting with potential consumers. The group provides promotional staff to all Event Organizing agencies or any party who needs extra staff for events such as Opening Ceremony, Conference, Press Release, Launching, Sampling, Activation, Road-Show, Exhibition, Fair, Festival, Concert, and Leafleting. However, SEM Cares Foundation’s business is not limited to marketing; but also, it extends to empowering the youth, society, and creating a balanced demand and supply market for employment opportunities.