As you might be aware that SEM Cares Foundation will be Launching their Foundation this coming Saturday at The George Hotel in Manzini starting at 2 pm till late. According to their latest blog post, The Youth being the cornerstone of development and economic growth in Eswatini is evident in the high population of young people which stands at 79%; however, this cannot be realized if they are subjected to a number of relentless challenges.
Dominant to these are the issues of Unemployment, Access to all health services especially sexual reproductive health services, Access to Education including remaining in school and eventually accessing tertiary education to name a few. With the youth population so high it means they are the ones most affected by social ills such as crime, drug and substance abuse and fall victim to being incarcerated in the countries prisons.
It is critical to get the foundation phase right so that our youth is set up for success. Throughout 2019 the SEM Cares Foundation team will be working tirelessly to fulfil its mission and vision. But they can’t do it alone. They are Calling out for your help!
According to the Eswatini State of The Youth Report, Our Youth are the future, and investing in the youth of today means a brighter future for the entire country tomorrow. Nowhere is this more true than in Africa, where changing demographics are creating a unique opportunity to harness the potential of young people to accelerate development.
This is why the organization was formed and have the following objectives based on its operations:
- To provide Foundation courses, education, and mentorship services to the youth on its career paths, in order to influence career decision making choices at an early stage.
- To provide intimate and social support services to the youth in order to draw them closer to society and create a warm environment around them.
- To provide quality service in terms of service delivery in the market, new business ideas, and equal distribution of labour according to the level of production in the market.
- To create a flexible market, and distribution of labour in the trade industry, in order to maintain existing customers and provide employment opportunities to the society.
- To start income generating activities geared towards empowering the youth economically
- Participation in community awareness and sensitization campaigns in such matters as health, education and HIV/AIDS etc.
- Organizing, coordinating, Sponsoring and encouraging participation in local and international youth workshops so as to provide linkages with other youth counterparts in the rest of the world.
- Providing forum through which the youth can air their views in matters relating to their welfare.
The vision is clear. Urgent investment is needed in the foundation. Together we can ensure that no youth is left behind. Do contact us today on +26878686688 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
So this coming Saturday the foundation is working on introducing their foundation to the nation and are ready to kickstart part of their projects aligning to their projects which most of this will be shared on the day. The foundation is inviting the nation to attend or donate via their Mobile Money account which is 78686688.